[BDCK category=3 Keywords=”DL-product”][/BDCK]
During the Salone del Mobile, which is happening from the 9th to the 14th of April at Fiera Milano, there are many Events happening simultaneously, but today, on the opening day of this top event, we would like to highlight one particular design initiative: Doppia Firma.
This is a unique project by Michelangelo Foundation and Fondazione Cologni that brings together European design innovation and the ancient tradition of exquisite craftsmanship, creating a unique collection of exclusive and refined pieces. The main goal of this event is to bring to life new creative artworks which merge contemporary design trends and authentic know-how.
During the Salone del Mobile the initiative that enhances the union between design thinking and high manufacturing will provide a unique spectacle of Luxury Design Craftsmanship and Art! This project invited the best contemporary designers and the most talented master artisans to team up and create unique and timeless masterpieces that you must admire up close if you have the chance. The list of partnerships to admire in 2019 is:
- Tomás Alonso & Urs Bally (Wiener Silber Manufactur)
- Atelier Lachaert Dhanis & Studio Pieter Stockmans
- atelier oï & Masayuki Kajiwara
- Emmanuel Babled & Fundação Ricardo do Espirito Santo Silva
- Sam Baron & Ricardo Alegria (Vista Alegre)
- Boris Berlin & Mikkel Karlshøj
- Peter Bremers & Zdeněk Lhotský
- Patricia Urquiola and Bottega Ghianda
- Mathilde Bretillot & Antoine Leperlier
- Maarten de Ceulaer & Atelier Mestdagh
- Roxanne Flick & Michael Nätscher
- Laura Fiaschi and Gabriele Pardi (Gum Design) & Riso Porcelain, a project curated by Hands on Design
- Christian Haas & José Vieira
- Karsten K. Krebs & Winfried Zeus (Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg)
- Masquespacio & Poggi Ugo, a project curated by Valentina Ottobri
- Vito Nesta & Wallpaper_Sanpatrignano
- Marcello Panza & Pasquale De Palma (Capodimonte Porcellane d’Arte), a project curated by Made in Cloister
- Nick Ross & Dunedin Stone
- Victoria Wilmotte & Giorgio Angel
[BDCK category=3 Keywords=”BL-product”][/BDCK]
As you can see, these 19 exceptional partnerships between designers and artisans have all the makings to impress you with stunning works of design art. Let us highlight, for starters, the incredible partnership between two design giants: Patricia Urquiola and Bottega Ghianda! We can also highlight the great partnership between Sam Baron and Co. and Vista Alegre. Truth be told, all Partnerships look amazing and they all represent highlights on their own. They are a testament to Craftsmanship, Art and Design and that’s why we love this Doppia Firma project!
Did you like this post? So be sure to share it on your social media channels or let your comment below. Help us to keep our blog up to date with quality content. Your feedback helps us to improve!