Hector Esrawe began his career as an independent designer founding the Esrawe Studio. He is also founder and current member of Nel Collective, and was an industrial design professor at the Universidad Iberoamericana, where he studied. His designs can be found in arts and crafts, as well as interiorism.
Héctor Esrawe has been a guest speaker and has also led workshops in México City, New York, Prague, Helsinki and London. He won the Quorum Award, as well as the Green Good Design 2012 for the Field Table. Tori Tori restaurant, done in collaboration with rojkind arquitectos, won the People’s Choice Award at AZ Awards 2012 in the Architecture – Commercial Under 1000 sq. m. category, received the Building of the Year Award by ArchDaily in the Hotels & Restaurants category and also Best of Year Awards 2011 by Interior Design Magazine.
Esrawe won several awards so far:
- – Noldi Schreck award 2012 by Glocal Magazine for his career.
- – Winner of the Bienal Iberoamericana de Diseño (2010) in the Interior design spaces category for “Cielito Querido Café”, project done in collaboration with Ignacio Cadena,
- – Special Mention at the Interior Design Magazine’s “Best of the Year Awards” for Cielito Querido Café,
- – a! Diseño magazine’s Excellence Award in 2010
- – Quorum Award winner
- – Recognized for 15 years of excellence by IIDA México
- – Silver Medal Winner at the Bienal de Diseño for LAR Headquarters Project (México City 2008).
- – Glass product designer for Nouvel Studio, whose pieces are sold at stores like Barney’s, Saks, Moss, Walker Museum and MoMa store.
His work has been exhibited during the Salone Internazionale del Mobile (Milano, Italia), in Museo de Arte Moderno (México City), in The Mexican Cultural Institute (Washington, D.C.), in The Franz Mayer Museum (México City), in Palacio de Iturbide (México City), in Palacio de Bellas Artes (México City), in Galería Mexicana de Diseño (Mexico City), and in Europalia Exposition (Belgium, 1993).
His projects have been published in major design magazines such as Interior Design, Wallpaper, Damn, Frame, Monocle, Arquine, newspapers like Reforma (México City) and books such as Diseña México, Life and design in México in the Twentieth Century, 13 vasos (a+d collection).
He will be present at this year’s Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milano, Italy.